Wednesday, January 11, 2012


Here's a pic of the shoelaces I crocheted for my work shoes a few months ago. I didn't want the same old solid color, so I thought I'd try something new.

It actually worked! Using Mexicana color crochet thread, I made a chain as long as my old shoelaces, then did 2 rows of single crochet end-to-end (through both loops of each stitch), then 1 row of slip stitch all the way across (through both loops of each stitch).

I had to use a crochet hook to lace them, then I tied a knot in each end. Since they stretched, and are now almost too long, I tied a bigger knot at the ends. Next time, I'll make them a little shorter. :) I'll be making more soon - some for each season or holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment