Friday, December 23, 2011

Recent winter accessories

Since I have a huge amount of off-white worsted weight yarn (a couple of 1-pound skeins), I decided to crochet a hat, scarf, fingerless gloves, and legwarmers. The hook I used was a size smaller than I wanted to use because I couldn't find the one I wanted. I have several projects going at once, and try to keep the hook or needles with each one, but sometimes they "escape". Hope I don't need to buy new hooks (again)!

These are the fingerless gloves and leggings...


The fingerless gloves by themselves...



This is the hat...



This is the scarf...

 
I used what I think is called the "moss stitch" - 1 sc in front loop, 1 sc in back loop, rep to end on even number of stitches, turn, repeat every row. Then I did one row of sc all around the scarf (2 sc in one st, skip 1 st, rep), and along the edges of the other items. It's simple but looks fancy, which is what I like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment